Please see the summary below & attached policy on proof of vaccination as per the Reopening Ontario Act, 2020 from the City of Cornwall for all recreational facilities.
Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
Benson Centre, Civic Complex and Aquatic Centre
- All patrons 12 years of age and older must show proof of identification and proof of full vaccination upon entry of the facility.
- Exemption: Participants aged 12 to 17 DO NOT need to show proof identification and proof of full vaccination IF they are actively participating in an organized sport, practice, or competition.
- Public Swimming, Open Skate, Stick and Puck (drop in programs) participants aged 12 to 17 WILL HAVE TO show proof identification and proof of full vaccination.
- Workers or volunteers, including coaches and officials are not required to provide p roof of identification and proof of full vaccination IF they are actively involved in an organized sport activities.
- Any patron who cannot provide proof of identification and proof of full vaccination will be asked to leave the facility.
- All other public health measures (e.g., masking and physical distancing) continue to apply to all patrons.
Medical Exemptions: Will be accepted provided they contain all of the following information:
- The name of the person in the written documentation matches the identification provided.
- The physician or registered nurses in the extended class’s information is complete by including:
- Name and contact information of the physician or registered nurse in the extended class;
- Logo or letterhead identifying the physician or registered nurse in the extended class;
- Statement that there is a medical reason for the individual’s exemption from being fully vaccinated against COVID-19; and
- Any effective time-period for the medical reason which includes the date the patron is seeking access to the facility.
For more information regarding this policy, including general facts and medical exemptions, please refer to the attached document. Further questions and/or concerns can be directed to the recreation facility that applies to you.
We appreciate your understanding,